The Town Hall Library in North Lake, WI contacted Sign Pro Web to replace an aging sign that to be taken down as it was falling apart after many years of service. The old sign was stored in the library basement, so we were able to recreate the sign just as it was. We even looked at recreating the original hand painted sign from 1967, but it was decided to stay with the second iteration.
Using modern long lasting materials like composite aluminum sheet instead of plywood, we fabricated a sign that will last for many years to come.
Below is photograph from 1977 taken about 10 years after the time the library was opened in the original Merton Town Hall, which was built in the 1870’s. After being abandoned for many years, the Lake Keesus Women’s Club worked to open a library. In this digital, smartphone age, the Town Hall Library is an oasis of friendly service with something for all ages and tastes. Check it out.
Town Hall Library 1977 Town Hall Library 2015